Monday, February 23, 2009

wow... guns really do kill people. /snark

"Philadelphia Police officer John Pawlowski was not killed by Rasheed Scruggs -- he was killed by the .357 pistol that Scruggs was using. Take away that gun and Scruggs is just another thug with his hands in his pockets. And good-looking family man John Pawlowski might be alive today."

This is from the article titled "Let's get the gun lobby furious." I can't say that I'm feeling as much anger about it as I am exasperation. If you replace the words ".357 pistol" and "gun" with "rock," "bat," "knife," or "car," the argument becomes silly in my judgment.

Robert B. Parker's Spenser and Jesse Stone characters have taught me many things, one of which is that anyone can kill anyone else given the right circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment